Picture Coding Symposium (PCS2007)
Call for Papers
Picture Coding Symposium (PCS) is an international forum devoted specifically to advancements in visual data coding. Since 1969, PCS has provided the meeting place for the visual coding community: industry, research, academia and users. The 26th PCS will be held in Lisbon, Portugal, on 7-9 November 2007.
The day before, 6 November, a Workshop on "Recent Advances in Distributed Video Coding" will be organized (free registration at http://www.discoverdvc.org/Workshop.html). In this workshop, recent developments on distributed video coding will be presented by the most prominent experts in the field.
The 16th International Packet Video Workshop will be held in Lausanne, Switzerland, on 12-13 November 2007.
Topics of interest for submissions include, but are not limited to:
• Coding of still and moving pictures
• Content-based and object-based coding
• Scalable video coding
• Coding of multiview video and 3D graphics
• Modeling and synthetic coding
• Virtual/augmented reality and telepresence
• Coding for mobile, IP and sensor networks
• High fidelity visual data processing and coding
• Analysis for coding and adaptation
• Transcoding and transmoding
• Joint audio and visual processing and coding
• Subjective and objective quality assessment metrics and methods
• Error robustness, resilience and concealment
• Coding and indexing for database applications
• Protection and integrity of visual data
• Persistent association of information to visual data
• Joint source and channel coding
• Implementation architectures and VLSI
• New applications and techniques for visual data coding
• Standards for visual data coding
Prospective authors are invited to submit extended summaries of no more than four (4) pages, in English, including results, figures and references. Submissions will be accepted only in PDF format and should be made using the on-line submission system available at http://www.pcs2007.org
Special Sessions Submission
Proposals for special sessions must include a title, rationale, session outline, session chair, a list of authors who have agreed to present a paper, and a tentative title and abstract of each paper. Proposals should be sent to the Special Session Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org before June 1, 2007.
Accepted papers will be published in the Workshop CD Proceedings.